This course is intended for undergraduate students who wish to study the discipline of Business Management to Honours degree level and who may wish to achieve professional status later on. On successful completion of the course, students should be able to demonstrate the following graduate attributes:
- Problem solving & analytical ability
- Inter-personal skills and networking
- Global citizenship (diversity & sustainability)
- Flexibility & adaptability (life-long learning)
- Effective communication
- Creativity & innovation
The course has a first year (Level 3) that is shared with the other courses in ASU’s College of Administrative Sciences. It is designed to bring school leavers in Bahrain and the Gulf region to a standard appropriate for progression to level 4 business course equivalent to UK approved business courses. The first year is designed to prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to continue with their studies at the specialist levels (Years 2/3/4) of the 4 year course. During the first year, there are three compulsory modules required by the Higher Education Council in Bahrain namely: ‘Arabic Language’ (or ‘Arabic for Non Arabic Speakers’), ‘Bahrain Civilisation and History’ and Human Rights. These are part of the Kingdom’s strategy to strengthen the level of Arabic language and promote Arabic culture. Native Arabic speaking students will study the Arabic Language module whereas students who do not speak Arabic will study the module Arabic for Non-Arabic Speakers.
The BA (Hons) Business Management programme aims to:
In year 1:
- Provide a course of study in an environment offering the best possible opportunity for students to develop their practical, intellectual and personal skills.
- Foster students’ enthusiasm for their subject, enabling them to develop intellectual, personal, practical and transferable skills as a sound basis for progression into work or further study.
- Give students an adequate level of numerical literacy, so that they can approach the more advanced material in the business management degree course.
In years 2/3/4:
- Provide a high quality and professionally relevant undergraduate course
- Develop in students a critical appreciation of the role managers undertake in the modern business world
- Equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge for a multi-disciplinary approach to diverse business, information communication technology and management problems.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes