The Program of Interior Design is a member of the International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI) , and The International Council of Design (ICoD). The programme and designed in alignment with the professional standards of the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA), the programme supports interior designers to reflect on the human experience, and the way people perform and interact in the workplace, home, or in public life. Allowing them to focus on providing human well-being by improving the quality of life and protecting human health and safety through the design of indoor environment, so that they are ready to face the exciting challenges and opportunities of the new millennium. During the study, students ’abilities to practice the specialization are built, strengthened and developed through theoretical lectures, studio practice, and critical studies. The process of continued exchange of critique with fellow students and teachers is a major part of the learning process. It is worth mentioning that the Interior Design Programme was placed successfully on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
The Interior Design programme aims to:
- Develop professional graduates in interior design capable of meeting market needs of both local and regional levels.
- Develop expert graduates in applying their specializations, particularly in innovative applications of modern technology, to open broader future opportunities for learning and developing thinking process.
- Develop graduates capable of visioning broader environmental and human contexts while achieving the responsibilities of their specializations.
- Prepare interactive and open-minded graduates capable of following curricular methods, innovative thinking, and responding to cultural and environmental changes
- Carry a humanitarian vision towards society respecting diversity in cultural and employment related requirements, in addition to being mature enough towards the future to achieve sustainability.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 33 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 60
- Assessments Yes