This dual-award programme prepares students for a career as an Architectural Engineer. This programme is intended for undergraduate students who wish to study the discipline of Architectural Engineering to Honors degree level and who may wish to achieve professional status later on. This programme is designed to embrace developments in the industry, in particular the ECUK UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC).
The programme has a first year (Level S) that is shared with the other programmes in ASU’s College of Engineering and it is designed to bring school leavers in Bahrain and the Gulf region to a standard appropriate for entry into a Level 4 engineering degree programme equivalent to UK approved engineering programmes. The first year is designed to prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to continue with their studies at the specialist levels (Years 2/3/4) of the 4-year programme. The first year covers the fundamentals of mathematics and science, and students also learn how to use relevant technology. During the first year, there are three compulsory modules required by the Higher Education Council in Bahrain namely: ‘Arabic Language’ (or ‘Arabic Language for Non-Arabic Speakers’), ‘Bahrain Civilisation and History’ and Human Rights. These are part of the Kingdom’s strategy to strengthen the level of Arabic language and promote Arabic culture. It is important to note that native Arabic speaking students will study the Arabic Language module, whereas students who do not speak Arabic will study the module Arabic Language for Non-Arabic Speakers.
The B.Eng (Hons) Architectural Engineering aims to:
- Develop students’ core, personal and employability skills, to help them adapt to the changing labour market.
- Utilise the variety of construction professions, to expose students to a multitude of aspects of the construction process, and prepare them for work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Give students a blend of architectural and civil engineering modules, exploring the form and appearance of buildings, as well as their analysis, design and construction.
- Produce graduates with knowledge, problem-solving skills and practical know-how of the key aspects of architectural and civil engineering, and the creativity and individuality of architecture.
- Produce graduates aware of the whole design process, including design procedures in codes of practice, architectural engineering procedures, project management, quality issues, finance, ethical conduct, environmental issues and health and safety.
- Produce graduates who can work in multidisciplinary design practices and provide a link between engineering and architecture professionals.
- Provide graduates with the necessary academic qualifications, which will provide the full educational base for a successful career in the industry.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 35 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 26
- Assessments Yes