About the Department
The Department of Computer Science was established with the inception of the University in 2005. This Department offers a well-structured academic programme designed to yield graduates who can contribute to developing the IT sector in Bahrain and the region.
The Department of Computer Science offers a Bachelor in Computer Science (English).
The Computer Science Programme is also a member of the British Computer Society BCS, and its staff are members of IEEE, BCS, Oracle Academy, and ICT Huawei Academy. It is worth mentioning that the Computer Science Programme has received full confidence from the Bahrain Education and Training Quality Authority (BQA) – Cycle 2 and was placed successfully on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
• CS Students’ participation in IEEE Days.
• CS Students’ participation in Programming competition in AOU.
• CS Students’ participation in a scientific research workshop at the Ministry of Education in collaboration with the British Council.
• Students Presenting and publishing research papers at International Conference on Innovation, Technology, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (ICITEE2019).
• Students Presenting and publishing research papers at the 022 ASU International Conference in Emerging Technologies for Sustainability and Intelligent Systems (ICETSIS2022).
• Students Presenting and publishing research papers at International Conference on IT Innovation and Knowledge Discovery (ITIKD2023).
Faculty research is published in high-quality journals indexed in Scopus, ISI, including IEEE, ACM and other journals and conferences. Department Students, in collaboration with their academic staff, publish research papers in international journals and conferences.