ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Political Science at the College of Administrative Sciences of Applied Science University in the Kingdom of Bahrain is dedicated to studying International Relations, Political Systems, and Government Institutions. As part of the University and the College, the Department offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Political Science. Its goal is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of political phenomena, including the functioning of government institutions and the dynamics of international relations.
The Department’s courses cover various sub-fields and research areas, such as Political Theory, Comparative Politics, and International Relations. Political Theory focuses on studying political concepts and ideas, citizenship, justice and equality, peaceful coexistence, and sustainable development. Comparative Politics examines the similarities and differences between political systems and institutions in different countries, and international relations studies interactions between states and other actors in the international system.
In addition to these areas, the Department of Political Science also covers Public Policy, Public Administration, and Political Economy. Public Policy and Management focus on the processes through which policies are formulated and implemented, while Political Economy examines the relationships between politics and economics.
The Department aims to meet the needs of society in the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Gulf Cooperation Council countries by preparing students for a wide range of careers. Graduates of political science programmes can work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Consulates, Government Agencies, Non-Profit Organizations, Think Tanks, Research Centres, and Journalism in the Political Department and International Organizations in all their specialities, and all Governance Positions in the Private Sector.
The Department of Political Science is the only Department in the Kingdom of Bahrain dedicated to this field, and it boasts a team of experienced Faculty Members, all of whom hold an FHEA from UK.
- The Bachelor in Political Science and Master’s Programmes are the first programmes of their kind offered in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- The Department of Political Science provides students with opportunities to gain hands-on experience through training programmes at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Consulates, relevant Government Institutions, Research Centres, and Parliamentary Councils.
- The Department invites visiting lecturers from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who have experience in diplomatic work to give lectures to its students.
- Graduates of the Political Science Programme can pursue careers in the following fields:
- – Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- – Foreign Consulates.
- – Research Positions in Parliamentary Councils and Research Centres.
- – All United Nations-affiliated Organizations.
- – International and regional Organizations.
- – Government Institutions such as the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Sustainable Development.
- – Political Departments in Media Organizations.
- – Civil Society Organizations and NGOs.
- – Governance Department in Private Sectors.