The Master in Political Science is an advanced step in the field of political studies offered by the Department of Political Science at Applied Science University, as it is the first department of its kind in the Kingdom of Bahrain. The programme seeks to meet the community’s needs in the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf and educate highly competent and qualified graduates to work in diplomatic and media work, political studies and research centres. The programme language of study is Arabic. It consists of 36 credit hours. This programme contains ten (10) courses, including eight (8) compulsory courses, two (2) advanced elective courses, a thesis, and additional credit hours for graduates of other programmes (determined by the department) among the remedial courses.
The programme is designed based on in-depth studies of the Bahraini and Gulf labour market by distributing surveys to employers in the Kingdom of Bahrain and utilizing a focus group of specialized institutions. The programme’s specifications and curricula were also based on extensive benchmarks, including regional universities such as University of Jordan, the Middle East University, Al Albayt University, Yarmouk University, Jedara University, International Suleiman University, King Saud University, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, and the College of Economic Studies and Political Science – Alexandria University, in addition to prestigious Western universities such as Sciences Po, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), University of South Florida, Ohio University, University of Delaware, Altinbas University, and others. The reference comparisons were accompanied by the region’s circumstances, situations, social and economic specificities, constitutional and political developments, and regional and international relations.
The programme includes advanced compulsory and elective courses that take into account the characteristics of Political Science Master’s graduates. It provides critical knowledge and an accurate understanding of political subjects and the realities of the political environment, its developments, complexities, uncertainties, and how to handle the recent developments of this environment. The programme also enables graduates to possess advanced skills and competencies, including problem-solving, decision-making, effective negotiation, and critical analysis of political phenomena. It enhanced graduates with advanced research skills, effective communication, independent learning and effective use of technology.
The Master in Political Science aims to:
- Equip the graduate with critical knowledge and understanding as a political science specialist who works in various local and international institutions by studying political science strategies and developing leadership, and prepare highly qualified graduates that contribute to achieving the requirements of sustainable development in the Kingdom.
- Enable graduates to have a broad knowledge and understanding of all theoretical approaches related to political science and know the context in which they have emerged and their impact on political reality: locally, regionally and internationally.
- Enable students to apply the theories they have studied to reality and discover practical practices, whether through field visits, bringing in visiting lecturers or simulation models.
- Enable graduates to integrate information technology into political studies and prepare advanced, in-depth scientific research.
- Equip graduates with the tools of political analysis, strategic planning and policy-making, communication, negotiation and brainstorming skills.
- Equip graduates with professional capabilities and practical applications in political work, such as diplomatic communications and managing external documentation.
- Enhance the capabilities of graduates in critical analysis, comparison and deduction, and enable them to gain a broader understanding of the political reality and make the right decisions in their workplace.
- Strengthen the values of citizenship, tolerance, peaceful dialogue and non-violence among scholars, and improve their capacities to contribute to disseminating these values in society.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes