Frequently Asked Questions
If I study for a London South Bank University degree at the Applied Science University, which university will award my degree?
For all London South Bank University degree programmes studied at the Applied Science University, the degrees are awarded by London South Bank University in the UK.
Will my degree be recognized?
Yes. All London South Bank University degrees studied at the Applied Science University are recognized in the UK. Furthermore, all degrees completed at the Applied Science University are recognised by the Higher Education Council of Bahrain and students who complete their studies will be eligible to have their degrees attested when they graduate. For specific national recognition, please check with your national higher education authorities.
What are the costs of studying at ASU?
Please see the Fees page of this website for details of current fees, click here.
Are there any scholarships available?
Yes. The Applied Science University recognizes academic excellence and provides scholarships for high academic achievement. Please see the Scholarships page of this website for details on current scholarships, click here.
How do I apply to join a London South Bank University degree at the Applied Science University?
You can either apply online by clicking here.or visit our campus to fill out the application form.
Is there a deadline to register?
Yes. The Applied Science University will be accepting applications for London South Bank University degree programmes until August 31st. However, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible to ensure a place on your desired degree programme.
Can I apply for credit for studies I have already completed?
Yes. If you are currently studying at another university or if you have completed courses at a recognized university, you may apply to transfer to a programme at the Applied Science University, and apply for exemption from courses you have already completed.
What is the language of instruction at the Applied Science University?
For the London South Bank University degree programmes, the language of instruction is English.
How do I get a visa?
As an international student, you are required to apply for a Bahraini Student Visa. Information about student visas can be found on the Bahrain government’s immigration website. For more information, click here. The Applied Science University will provide guidance and assistance to all international students who wish to apply. It is important to note that the processing time can take up to two months or longer, depending on the nationality of the applicant. Therefore, you should begin the process of obtaining a visa at the earliest.
How do I find accommodation?
There is a wide range accommodation options suited to students and student life within a relatively short commute to the campus. The University will provide support to all international students in finding suitable accommodation.
Is Bahrain a safe place to live?
Bahrain is very safe to live. The crime rate is extremely low and violent crime is rare.
Do you provide a ‘meet and greet’ service?
Yes. The university welcomes all international students to Bahrain with a ‘meet and greet’ service at the airport. Once all formalities have been completed at the airport, the meet and greet team will provide transportation to your accommodation.
Can you tell me something about student life, student clubs, sports, and other activities?
The Applied Science University has a vibrant social scene and a healthy work/social life balance is promoted through various clubs and the Student Council. Significant events such as International Day, World Health Day, National Day and so on draw huge participation from across the University and the wider society. The University also has a very strong sporting ethos and its football, basketball and volleyball teams (both male and female) lead the rankings of inter-university sporting championships. In fact, participation in sports activities is a major cultural pastime in Bahrain and apart from the sports mentioned above, there are numerous facilities across Bahrain to participate in activities such as running, tennis, cricket, swimming, diving, sailing, kite-surfing and horse-riding. Bahrain also has a rich history and is home to many museums, forts, historical sites and the traditional Souq in the heart of Manama. These are easily accessible and are open throughout the year. For motor sport enthusiasts, there is the Bahrain International Circuit, which host various motor-sport events throughout the year including the Bahrain Gulf Air Grand Prix. For those who enjoy shopping, or a stroll through a shopping mall on a hot afternoon, Bahrain has many ultra-modern shopping malls, which offer international retail brands, restaurants, supermarkets and other services.
What is the cost of living?
As with all cities throughout the world, the cost of living is dependent upon personal choice and lifestyle. As a guide, we provide some information about Accommodation, Food and Entertainment. Accommodation The University assists all international students with finding suitable accommodation. In general, rental costs range from around BD 200-300 for shared accommodation up to BD 700 for an individual fully furnished (inclusive of utility bills) 2–3 bedroom apartment. Food Bahrain offers many dining opportunities including inexpensive local fast food outlets, international fast food restaurants, international coffee chains and high-end restaurants. In general, BD 7-8 should be enough to provide three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) if eaten outside. Food items can be purchased from hyper-markets which are located in the lager shopping malls, or from smaller supermarkets and convenience stores located in all neighbourhoods. Entertainment Many museums, forts, and historical sites in Bahrain are free to enter. Various cultural events also take place throughout the year any many of these are also free to attend. For entertainment activities such as watching a movie, a cinema ticket costs about BD 3.500 at Seef mall or Bahrain City Centre Mall.
What are the transportation options?
Bahrain has a public bus service that connects various parts of the island. However, the best option for getting around is by taxi. Taxis can be hailed on the streets or taken from taxi ranks at shopping malls, major hotels, or from the airport. The most popular metered taxi companies are: Speedy Motors Bahrain Limo Arabian Taxi Of course, you can also download the Uber or Careem Apps to book a taxi.
What are some of the campus facilities?
The University is housed in a new purpose-built campus covering an area of 24,000 sq. meters. The campus consists of three main building including the main Academic Building with six floors and a ground floor featuring the front yard and entrance hall, the Deanship of Admissions and Registration, cafes, lounges and a high-tech library. The other buildings include the Administrative Building and the Technology Centre. The academic building is also home to design studios, lecture halls, computer labs, language and specialized laboratories, as well as a state-of-the-art lecture theatre/auditorium with 320 seats. The university has several sports facilities including tennis, handball, volleyball, basketball and badminton courts. An indoor games area is also available with pool tables, billiards tables, foosball tables, and electronic games consoles. In addition to cafes, there is a large cafeteria, which serves a range of meals from the morning until early evening. The University also has a health center staffed by a full-time nurse.
Do you offer English language courses?
Yes, as part of your first year of study you will complete two semester-long English courses designed to improve your academic English skills. The University also has a dedicated English Language Support Unit to assist all students in developing their English language skills.
What do I need to do to study at ASU, and what type of supporting documents should accompany the application form?
- -Original Certificate of secondary school
- -Equivalency of non – Bahraini general secondary school certificate or private school’s certificate
- -A copy of valid CPR
- -A copy of valid passport
- -Personal Photos ( required 3 )
- -Endorsed Original Bachelor Degree’s certificate & transcripts
- -Two recommendation letters preferred one from a faculty staff member from the University where the applicant has graduated.
- -Experience letter (experience of not less than one year in a relevant professional field, except those obtaining a rate not less than (Very Good) or equivalent.
Where can I find the application form?
The application form can be found online on the ASU website: https://www.asu.edu.bh/admission/registration-form/
When is the last day for Registration?
The last day for admission for any given semester is provided in the academic calendar. These calendars can be obtained from the registration department or from the university’s website: https://www.asu.edu.bh/media-center/event-calendar/
When will the Registration start?
The first day for admission for any given semester is provided in the academic calendar for the pervious semester. These calendars can be obtained from the registration department or from the university’s website.
What is the minimum age requirement for me to study at ASU?
ASU accepts all ages as long as the student who is applying has fulfill all the requirements and provides all the documents needed.
Can I apply to any programme at ASU?
Yes. You can apply to any programme at ASU.
How will I know if I have been accepted to ASU?
After an applicant provides the documents required and pays the admission fees, he/she is automatically accepted and immediately notified In the event if the high school certificate is found not accredited, the applicant will be notified immediately.
What do I need to do after I get accepted?
Once a student gets accepted, he/she should take the English placement test, and wait for the registration period for registering his/her courses. The new admitted students are not allowed to use the online Student Information System (SIS) for registering their courses at the admission semester. The registration process will be done by cooperation between their academic advisors and the deanship of admission and registration.
Do I have to bring the original certificate to be admitted?
An applicant should provide an original document of their high school certificate. In the case of the student is transferred from another university, he/she should provide original certificate and a letter of withdrawal from his/her previous university.
If I am a newly admitted student what will my username and password is?
The username be the Student’s ID number and the password will be provided by the directorate of admission and registration.
What are the admission dates for the fall, spring and summer semesters?
The admission dates for the Fall, Spring and summer semesters are provided in the academic calendar: https://www.asu.edu.bh/media-center/event-calendar/
What are the programmes offered by ASU and what are the credit hours required for each major?
College of Administrative Sciences
College of Law
- Bachelor in Accounting (135 Credit Hours)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (135 Credit Hours)
- Bachelor in Accounting and Finance (135 Credit Hours)
- Bachelor in Management Information Systems (135 Credit Hours)
- Bachelor in Political Science (135 Credit Hours)
- Master in Accounting and Finance (36 Credit Hours)
- Master in Human Resource Management (36 Credit Hours)
- Master in Political Science (36 Credit Hours)
College of Law
- -Bachelor in Law (135 Credit Hours)
- --Master in Law (Private Law,Public Law)
- Master in Commercial Law
- Bachelor in Computer Science (135 Credit Hours)
- Bachelor in Graphic Design (139 Credit Hours)
- Bachelor in Interior Design (138 Credit Hours)
When are the placement tests?
The English Language Placement Test is conducted during the first week of the semester the student got admitted in.
If I am not required to take English 101 or 102 do I still have to do the placement test?
No, you don’t have to take the placement test.
How does the Placement test work?
The Oxford Placement Test is driven by a smart test engine. When a student answers a question, the test adapts to their answer. If the student answers a question correctly, they get a more challenging question; if they answer a question incorrectly, they get a slightly easier question. This means that the test responds to each individual student’s ability, tailoring the questions so that the level of challenge is just right. Because there is a large bank of questions to choose from, each student receives a unique testing experience which is fast, accurate and reliable.
How is the test validated?
The questions in the test are benchmarked against the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) levels by a team of international ELT and CEFR experts. After this, the questions are pretested by thousands of real students at the appropriate level of English. The data from pretesting is then processed by the Oxford validation department. On the basis of this information, all questions go through further checks and improvements to ensure that they are valid and reliable measures of linguistic competence.
Who will be exempted from English 101 and English 102, and do you accept TOEFL or IELTS certificates instead of taking the placement test?
A student is exempted from studying an English Language course in the following cases: A student is exempted from ENG111 for programmes taught in English and from ENG101 for programmes taught in Arabic, if the student attained a mark of 5.5-7.0 in IELTS or 501-549 in TOEFL A student is exempted from ENG112 for programmes taught in English and from ENG102 for programmes taught in Arabic, if the student attained a mark of 7.0 or more in IELTS or 550 or more in TOEFL. Transfer students from other universities are exempted from the English Language Placement Test after any English course from the previous university has been transferred.
What are the admission conditions for Bachelor degree?
In any case, however, the volume of student intake is commensurate with manpower, equipment and educational resources available at the University. i. The student should obtain a high school certificate or its equivalent certified by the Ministry of Education in the Kingdom of Bahrain at an average not less than 60%. Students with averages less than 60% may register in the university, provided that they meet the following criteria: Athletes or artists who represent the Kingdom of Bahrain in external participations. Those who have at least one year practical experience after attaining the high school certificate. The following conditions must be applied for such students stated above: 1- Pass a personal interview in the concerned college. 2- The number of students admitted according to the above criteria should not exceed 5% of the total number of admissions that particular semester
Are the placement test in English a pre-requisite for gaining admission to the university?
It is not an entry requirement, but the student should take this test after being admitted in the university.
Are the additional subjects for the Secondary School Certificate Examination (Tawjihi) Exam (Vocational Stream) considered a must for enrolling at ASU?
In some specializations, admitted students from non-scientific high schools must pass a number of remedial courses.
I can’t register for online courses; I get a message that says “you cannot register for this semester”? What shall I do?
If a student encounters any error with the Online Student information system (SIS) he/she should contact the Deanship of Admission and registration.
When is the registration period?
The registration period for each semester is mentioned in the academic calendar. https://www.asu.edu.bh/media-center/event-calendar/
Where can I get an official transcript?
A student can get an official transcript from the Deanship of Admission and registration.
Are there any evening classes?
Yes, ASU provides evening classes in some specialization.
How Can I register, drop and add courses?
To register for courses the student has to login to the Online Student Information System (SIS) (link:http://sis.asu.edu.bh/pls/asu/f?p=121:LOGIN)and use his/her username and password.
When will the final results be available?
The final results will be announced for students after many steps of approval starting at the departments and ended at the deanship of admission and registration.
When is the examination period?
The examination period for each semester is mentioned in the academic calendar. https://www.asu.edu.bh/media-center/event-calendar/
How can I withdraw from a semester?
To withdraw from a semester a student has to visit the deanship of admission and registration and fill out an “Official Withdrawal Request Form”. https://www.asu.edu.bh/admission/registration-form/ Besides, the student may apply for postponement of his/her studies prior to the commencement of the academic semester to be postponed provided that he/she presents an excuse accepted by the competent authority, according to the following:
- The Dean of the College may give consent to the student for the postponement of onesemester, provided that it must not exceed four consecutive, or nonconsecutive, academic semesters.
- The College Council may give consent to the student for the postponement of foursemesters, provided that it must not exceed six consecutive, or nonconsecutive, academic semesters.
When can I withdraw from a course?
The student is permitted to drop any course within eight weeks from the beginning of either the first and second semester, and within four weeks from the beginning of the summer semester, provided that the student has not exceeded the percentage of the permitted number of unexcused absences. The dropped course in this case would be included in the student’s academic transcript with a note of (withdrawn-W) and such a course is not included in the total credit hours he/she studied in terms of pass, fail or graduation requirement.
When is the midterm?
Midterm timings will be announced in the academic calendar. https://www.asu.edu.bh/media-center/event-calendar/
If I’m graduating soon, what should I do?
All students who are expected to graduate at the end of a semester must fill out a graduation form at their department, a semester before the graduating semester, so as to leave enough time for screening their record and to avoid any unexpected mistake, via the collaboration of the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
How many credits can I register for in the summer?
The minimum number of the credit hours a registered student may enroll in is 3 credit hours per summer semester, and the maximum is 9 credit hours. A student is allowed to register 12 credit hours only if he/she expected to be graduated in summer semester.
Can I take more than 18 credits if I am graduating?
A student is allowed to register extra hours at a rate that doesn’t exceed 21 credit hours provided that the following 2 conditions are met:
- The accumulative average of the student is not less than 84%.
- That the graduation of the student depends upon the registration of 21 credit hours.
When does the summer semester start and when does it end?
Each summer semester has different timing. The beginning and ending of each summer semester is provided in the academic calendar. https://www.asu.edu.bh/media-center/event-calendar/
If I am graduating or not, and I failed in a subject, can I redo the final exam or do I have to redo the whole course?
The student has the right to retake any course he/she fails in; where the retake is compulsory if the course was a compulsory one. However, if the course the student failed in was elective, the student has the right to take another course instead according to his/her study plan and depending on the availability.
Do I have to take Eng101 in the first year?
The student should follow the advisory plan according to his/her specialization.
When will I receive my certificate after graduating?
The graduation certificates are awarded upon the completion of its requirements at the end of each semester.
Does ASU keep contact with their graduated students?
Yes, through the career Development and Alumni Affairs office. This office can be contacted by the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If a new study plan will be applied, does my study plan changed to the new one?
The study plan of a student will be attached to him from the day of admission till the graduation.
Can I take classes while doing English 101?
Yes, a student can take ENG101 along with other courses according to their advisory plan besides these courses should not have ENG101 as prerequisite.
What is the minimum/maximum number of credit hours that the student may register for per semester?
The minimum load of a regular student is 12 credit hours. The maximum is 19 credit hours.
Can I be sent a Registration Agreement by email?
The student should come to the deanship of Admission and Registration by himself.
Can I request further information on a course or module?
Any information regarding the courses offered in ASU can be found on the university’s website, university catalogues and student’s handbook.
I work in shifts, how can I manage between my job and my classes?
ASU provides several timings for most courses to be chosen from, however, a student can arrange with his/her work as which timing will be more suitable for him/her to be excused for classes.
Is it possible to register courses through the internet?
Yes, through Online Student information system (SIS) https://sis.asu.edu.bh
I want to change my major. What should I do, when and what is the process?
- The student should fill the transfer form:
- A student can only change his/her major during the registration period at the beginning ofeach semester.
- A Transfer Acceptance Committee is formed consisting of the Dean of Admission andRegistration being the chair, and Heads of the departments that the student wishes to transfer from and to. This committee is in charge of screening the transfer applications. And then the student will be notify if his/her application is accepted by considering the transfer conditions.
Is the attendance in the summer semester different than the attendance in the Fall or Spring semester?
Yes. Because the attendance for each credit hour will be twice than that in the first and second semester.
How many weeks are in each semester?
The duration of an academic semester is not less than fourteen (14) weeks including the examinations, and the summer semester consists of seven (7) weeks including the examinations.
What are the nationalities of the lecturers in the university?
ASU lecturers are from several nationalities including Bahrainis, Arabic nationalities, Indians, British, Canadian, etc.
Where is my lecture located?
To find where a lecture is located the student has to login to the Online Student information system https://sis.asu.edu.bh and check the “Registration” section. The classroom of each course is mentioned in the student schedule.
Is it possible to articulate all the courses in a college Diploma?
It depends on the courses a student has taken in his/her previous university. In the event of transfer from a Higher Education Institution to Applied Science University, the number of credit hours transferred should not exceed 66% (1/3rd) of the Bachelor degree requirements, where the minimum study duration for a transferred student is two academic semesters and minimum of (30) credit hours. Courses with a grade less than “C” are not transferred.
What are the courses that can be articulated?
Courses that can be equalized are those that match ASU courses in content and number of credits with grade C or above.
How is the course equalization process done and who is responsible for it?
The deanship of Admission and Registration will submit the student’s transcript with course description of the previous university to the intended department.
What are the needed documents for courses articulation?
The documents that are needed for courses articulation an official transcript along with the description of the courses.
What do I have to do if I have an exam during my working hours?
If a student has an exam during his/her working hours, he/she should take an official letter from the deanship of Admission and Registration that shows the timings of the exam and submit it to his/her workplace.
When will the “excused students” list be published?
The excused students list is usually published a week after the end of the examination period.
I cannot attend the final exam. What should I do?
- Anyone who misses the final examination without any excuse approved by the Dean of theCollege will be given the grade of zero.
- The maximum number of sick leaves (stamped) of out-patient student is five days approvedwithin two working days, whereas an in-patient has an approval within four working days from the lapse of the excuse.
- Anyone who misses the final examination with a compelling excuse approved by the Deanof the College, the dean is responsible to inform the Deanship of Admission and Registration to assign a grade of “incomplete”, where the course instructor schedules a make-up exam within the first 2 weeks of the following semester. Otherwise, the students’ right to take the make-up exam will drop.
- It is possible to consider the student who misses the final examination with an approvedexcuse as withdrawn from the course provided that he/she has successfully passed the MidTerm exam and the coursework, and has not sit for the make-up exam during the period determined in Paragraph (3) above, provided that the student did not miss the make-up exam scheduled by the department without an approved excuse by the Dean.
What are the timings of the lectures?
9 Am – 9 PM during week days.
What is the attendance system in the university?
All registered students must regularly attend all lectures and actively participate in all classroom discussions. Furthermore, the course instructor keeps a record of the students’ absence and attendance in the Students Information System.
- The student is not permitted to miss more than 25% of the course hours.
- The course instructor submits the names of those students whose absenteeism exceeded15% of the total hours of the course; to the Head of the Department in order to take the necessary action in this respect.
- If a student misses more than 25% of the total course hours without presenting asatisfactory or compelling excuse approved by the Dean, he/she will not be allowed to sit for the final exam, and will be given the minimum grade of (WF: 35%). The course must be retaken by the student if it is compulsory. In all cases, the grade will be included in the calculation of the student’s accumulative and semester average while giving a warning or dismissal from the semester.
- The Head of Department submits to both the Dean of the respective College and theDeanship of Admission and Registration, the names of those students who are prohibited from taking the final examinations due to their absenteeism, in order for them to assign those students the minimum grade for that course.
Are the courses taught in English?
The teaching language for the offered programmes is as follows: College of Administrative Sciences
- Bachelor in Accounting (Arabic)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (Arabic)
- Bachelor in Accounting and Finance (English)
- Bachelor in Management Information Systems (English)
- Bachelor in Political Science (Arabic)
- Master in Accounting and Finance (Arabic)
- Master in Human Resource Management (Arabic)
- Bachelor in Law (Arabic)
- Bachelor in Computer Science (English)
- Bachelor in Graphic Design (Arabic)
- Bachelor in Interior Design (Arabic)
What is the normal and minimum duration of study for the Bachelor’s degree? And what is the maximum duration for obtaining the bachelor degree?
The study duration to obtain the Bachelor’s Degree in any programme with a regular load is four academic years. However, the student is not allowed to obtain the Bachelor’s Degree in less than three academic years in all programmes. The maximum duration to obtain the Bachelor’s Degree should not exceed eight academic years in all programmes.
What is meant by ‘credit hour?
It is defined as the weekly theoretical study hour or equivalent hours of practical study during a whole semester.
How is the academic year and the academic semester divided at ASU?
There are three Academic semester in applied science university which are the First, Second and summer semesters. The duration of an Academic semester (First & Second) is not less than fourteen (14) weeks including the examinations, and the summer semester consists of seven (7) weeks including the examinations. The University retains the right to make any changes in the mechanisms of the study duration due to compelling matters or the public interest or whenever seen appropriate by the University Board as long as it does not interfere with the rules and regulations issued by the HEC.
How are final letter grades in respect of each course calculated in terms of corresponding points?
Grade Classification is as follows: Grades Assessment Code in English 90 – 100 % Excellent A 80 – 89 % Very Good B 70 – 79 % Good C 60 – 69 % Satisfactory D 50 – 59 % Poor E Below 50 % Fail F
How are the semester and cumulative averages calculated?
The Accumulative Averages are classified as follows: Grades Assessment 92 – 100% Excellent with Honor List 84 – less than 92% Excellent 76 – less than 84% Very Good 68 – less than 76% Good 60 – less than 68% Satisfactory
How can I join your social network?
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ASUBAHRAIN Follow us on twitter: @ ASU_BH Follow us on Instagram: @ ASU_BH
What am I going to receive if I joined your social network?
All university related announcements can easily be received on your mobile phone.
When can I pick up my ID card?
The maximum date to pick up a student ID is 2 weeks after the beginning of the semester. It may also be picked up during Orientation Week.
I lost my ID card, how can I get a new one?
First of all the student should fill out a form in Deanship of Admission and Registration and pay the fees to the finance department. Then, the student will receive his/her new ID card.
I want to change the picture on my ID card, what should I do?
To change the picture on the Student ID card, the student should fill out a form and attach the new picture to the form. He/she should hand it to the Deanship of Admission and Registration and pay the fees required to the finance department (5BD).
What are the fees for replacing my lost ID?
For a student to replace his/her lost ID he/she has to fill the required form in the deanship of Admission and Registration and pay 5 BD in the financial department.
Who are the members of the student council?
The current (year 2013- 2014) members of the Student Council are: Mr. ALI HUSAIN JASIM ALSAEED – HEAD OF STUDENT COUNCIL. Mr. MAHMOOD ALI HASAN ALTHAWADI-VICE PRESIDENT. Mr. SALMAN MOHAMED AHMED SALMAN SULAIMAN – TREASURY SECRETARY. Mr. NASEER MOHD ALHAJRI – COUNCIL SECRETARY. Mr. FAISAL EBRAHIM ISA HASSAN ALDOSERY. Mr. FAISAL AHMED KARAMA SALEM. Mr. AHMED SAAD JAWHER SAAD ALNAJDI. Ms. MONA M O ELGHOSSAIN. Ms. AYSHA ANWAR ALI JASIM AHMED. Ms. NOOR HASSAN ALI MOHAMMED ABDULLA. Ms. JUWAIREYA ABDULLATIF HUSAIN AHMED. Mr. TALAL YUSUF DAKEEL SULTAN. Mr. ABDULLA AHMED ABDULLA MOHAMED ALKHALEDI. Mr. ABDELRAHMAN IBRAHIM A ABURASS. Mr. ZAID ABEDALMAGEED MOH AHIL.
Do you distribute the student guide among all registered students?
Yes, the student guide is distributed among all registered students.
Are the activities organized by the student council funded and supported?
Are there any periodical meetings between the student council and the academic and administrative staff?
Yes, periodical meetings are arranged between the student council, administrative staff and the academic staff.
Is English 101, ENG 097, ENG 098, ENG 111, ENG 112, ENG 099, ENG 101 and ENG102 fees included in the tuition?
Yes, those courses considered as general courses that the student must take.
Will English 101 and English 112 fees be subtracted from the tuition fees if I’m not required to take them?
The Student can be exempted from studying many courses by transferring credits from other universities or by the admission exams and in all cases the student doesn’t have to pay for courses that are not required.
When must fees be paid for each semester?
The student must pay all tuition fees and any required deposit at the time of registration in any semester. Further, the registration of the student will not be finalized till the payment of all the fees and deposit is complete. Beside, ASU offer the students to pay their course fees through 3 installments accordingly.
How much do I have to pay each semester?
The amount will be stated based on registered courses each semester.
How can I access the library?
A student can access the library by following these steps:
- Go to the library portal at asu.edu.bh
- Enter their username and password which will be given upon request from the library.
- Once a student is logged in, he/she can choose the resource they are interested in.
What are the databases you use in the library? What does each database do?
The databases used in the library are:
- GALE: is the premier resource for peer-reviewed, full-text journals and reference sources,perfect for research libraries graduate. It allows you to translate the article to 11 languages, download article in PDF, HTML or plain text format, listen to articles or save them in MP3 formats.
- Emerald: is a long established publisher with over 200 titles in the fields of business,management, finance, accounting, marketing, human resource, information science and engineering.
- ebrary: is an online digital library of full texts of over 700,000 scholarly e-books thatcontains a suite of reference tools and a rich collection that includes books, journals, magazines, maps, and other publications which users can browse, view, search, copy, and print documents from their computers. Ebrary’s aggregated collections cover academic disciplines including business and economics, computers, technology and engineering, humanities, life and physical science, and social and behavioral sciences.
- ARADO Portal: The Arab database of administration information (Ibdaa) Arabic leadingproject aims to adjust, publish and make available the Arab intellectual production in the field of management, initiated by the organization in 2000 to become the first Arab model to collect electronic resources serves institutions and individuals who specialize in the Arab world.
Who do I contact if I lost my password?
If a student lost his/her password or facing any issues with logging, they can:
- Notify the library staff and they will help.
- Call the library staff +97317728777, Ext-222.
When is the Learning Resource Center (library) open?
The library is open every day in the week and the official working hours from Saturday to Thursday are from 08:00 until 8:00 pm. While on Friday, the opening times are from 14:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
Is the Library available for all students?
Yes, the Library is available for all ASU Students.
What are the services available in the library for students?
- 31 PCs: connected to the internet where a student can work on his assignment orresearch.
- Printing: A student can print papers in the library. The printing cost is very affordablewhere a student can print 40 papers for 1 BD.
- Study space for students: students can study at the library; however, eating or drinking inthe library is prohibited.
- Reference Books (hard copy versions): Students can look through books in the library orborrow the books available in the library.
How do you get started with your ASU e- mail account?
Dear student, your ASU e-mail ID is: YourID@student.asu.edu.bh Step 1: Go To https://www.asu.edu.bh Step 2: Click on MyASU at Student Portal Step 3: find out Webmail logo (looks like), Click to Login. It opens new a page for you. Step 4: Put your e-mail ID: YourID@student.asu.edu.bh Example: email@example.com Password: (You can get your Password from Your College) Click on Sign In System asks you to change password Hint: The password should be at least eight characters long. To make it stronger, use at least one upper and one lower case letter, a number and a symbol like @! * # $. Once Login Successfully system ask you Language & Time zone. (This is only for First time) You Done. Just click on Outlook located on Right top corner & Enjoy Services.
How to configure your ASU e-mail on your (IOS ) iPhone & iPad?
- Tap Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter the information requested in the Email, Username, and Password (For example, ID@student.asu.edu.bh).
- Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- If your iPhone can’t find your settings, enter Exchange ActiveSync server with office365.com the click Save.
How to configure your ASU e-mail on your Android device?
- From the Applications menu, select Email. Type your full e-mail address, for example ID@student.asu.edu.bh, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Exchange Server with office365.com
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others.
- Select Done to complete the e-mail setup and start using your account.
How to get ASU mobile application for iPhone?
From your smart device, select:
- App store.
- Write ASU Bahrain in the search field.
- Download the App.
- Don’t forget to Like and Share.
How to get ASU mobile application for android?
From your smart device, select:
- Google Play store.
- Write ASU Bahrain in the search field.
- Download the App.
- Don’t forget to Like and Share.