About the Department
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering is committed to providing a vibrant educational environment where student experience, practical skills, excellence in education, research work while keeping building sustainability as the main goals of teaching, learning, and assessment. The Department aims to equip students with market-needs skills, professional growth, and industry training opportunities.
:The Civil and Architectural Engineering (CAE) department offers the following programmes
B.Eng (Hons) Architectural Engineering: the programme emphasises environmental architecture, building and construction, energy efficient designs, construction project management, CAD and BIM skills, forensic engineering and conservation.
B.Eng (Hons) Civil Engineering: the programme is practically oriented, supported by site visits, and focusing upon environmental impact, conservation of water resources, smart material, design of concrete and steel structures, retrofitting of aging structures, highway design, soil improvement techniques, and project management considering the project cycle from inception to construction and operations.
The Civil and Architectural Engineering programmes are validated by London South Bank University (LSBU) in the UK granting our graduates the opportunity to receive dual degrees from LSBU and ASU.
The faculty members of the CAE department are fully dedicated to guiding students through their education journey and ensuring excellence in education. The faculty members have established unique industry experiences and a high level of research work and research projects, providing practical insights to students in different engineering fields.
The College encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities through student organizations and community service events. These activities create a pleasantly attractive academic environment, improve teamwork and leadership capabilities, and foster networking and social skills.
The graduates of the CAE Department have a wide range of career opportunities based on the taught academic content and the final year graduation projects, i.e. designers, site engineers, BIM architects, BIM civil engineers, construction project managers, entrepreneurs, and many more.
- The Civil and Architectural Engineering programmes have been accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Other accreditations from professional bodies are in the works.
- The College has established close partnerships with key firms and companies in the industry through Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s), offering students internships, professional workshops, and research projects. This strong partnership enables students to acquire industry experience and practical knowledge, as well as to build professional networks.
- The Civil and Architectural Engineering programmes focus on sustainability and environmental design.
- The CAE department promotes sustainable development goals; energy saving, net zero energy, and conservation of water resources, are comprehensively addressed in the CAE programmes.
- Research projects conducted by faculty members are linked to key firms in the Bahraini industry.
- The CAE department embraces state-of-the-art technologies; software and simulation tools are employed to enhance the learning and teaching processes, such as Revit, In-Sight plug in, 3D printing, eQuest, AutoCAD, and MATLAB.
- The CAE department provides students with state-of-the-art labs and facilities in various specialisations: computer, physics, environmental engineering, structure, hydraulics, geotechnical and structural engineering, and surveying. The facilities are designed to widen the students’ skillsets with practical experience and hands-on training. The practical components are taught to offer an interactive teaching and learning environment through which students execute practical experiments to support the theoretical aspects of the taught subjects.