Deanship’s Vision and Guiding Principles
Towards a Deanship that hosts distinguished research and innovated graduate programs that promote the university locally, regionally and globally.
Creating of an academic environment that supports distinguished research and graduate programs that accomplish the goals of the university and community at large.
To realize our vision and mission, ASU is committed to adopt guiding principles that leverage its classification among other universities locally and regionally. These principles are:
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative research that transfers knowledge and graduate studies at the heart of our investments, while continuing to sustain support for niche-based research.
- Contributing to the achievement of national plans and priorities and comprehensive sustainable development of the Kingdom, and implementation of the national strategy for scientific research
- Enriching the quantitative and qualitative science and knowledge in various fields
- Continuing to encourage and emphasis the international dimensions of research and knowledge transfer.
- Considering ethical policies and procedures for obtaining all necessary approvals before proceeding and conducting any research.
- Promoting the partnership between teaching and research.
- Engage key stakeholders, community and end users in identifying university research priorities to maximize its impact.
- Providing a strong and effective strategic framework for research, transfer of knowledge and postgraduate studies.
The Deanship of Research and Graduate Studies is administratively linked to the President of the University and is responsible for the following tasks:
- To propose periodic scientific research plans, in line with the scientific research strategy of the institution, in coordination with the academic departments and to prepare the necessary budget for them, in preparation for submission to the Board of Trustees of the University for discussion and approval.
- Develop and implement the research funding mechanism in the institution.
- Issuing decisions and identifying the procedures governing the research activity in the institution.
- Approve research and studies projects, follow up their implementation, publish and spend on them.
- Cooperation with local, regional and international scientific research centers.
- Coordination, supervision and follow-up on research funded from other sectors outside the university.
- Follow up the establishment and updating of the scientific publication database and the research production of the university.
- Issuing the scientific journals of the university.
- Preparation of the annual report of the scientific research of the university, the mechanism and items of annual budget disbursement.
- Follow up any other matters related to scientific research.