The Library of Applied Science University was established along with the establishment of the University in 2004. The University has paid special attention to its library by providing it with an adequate budget to enrich its collections of books, periodicals and electronic materials in all Knowledge fields and by adopting the modern technology and the use of information technology.
The strategic plan of Library of Applied Science University for (2015-2020) includes the vision of becoming distinguished in terms of resources and services and of being the main core source of cultural and scientific knowledge and thoughts at the national and regional levels.
The Library of Applied Science University offers its Services to the university community including the students, the faculty members and the administrative staff, in addition to the researchers from outside the university and from other Universities in Bahrain.
The Library also has publication exchange and gifting relations with many universities and different academic, cultural and scientific institutions.
The library has used computers in all its services and activities in addition it has purchased and operated a new library system, which is called (Future Library System) that is installed since 2010. The library offers the service of databases and online search on its website “library.asu.edu.bh” that also contains all the provided services in Arabic and English, the home page includes all the information about the library, also the library provides 9 private research rooms for the community of the university.
The library collection includes 29000 books and 82 paper Journals that cover all fields of knowledge; moreover, the library has an annual subscription to e-books and has the access to databases including electronic journals in full text, library subscriptions includes the following databases:
- Arab Organization for Administrative Development Database (Arado) broviding full text Arabic books, research and theses.
- The Learn Book portal, a database of academic books in Arabic.
- Ebrary database, a private database of books and electronic researches in English.
- ACM Digital Library, which contains the full text of Association for Computing Machinery publications.
- Emerald Insight database, which contains a large number of articles, books and case studies.
- EBSCO Host, which include all of the following databases:
- Academic Search Complete
- eBook Academic Collection
- eBook Collection
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- ProQuest (Avery Index) to Architecture Periodicals contain books of interior design and architecture.
Library of Applied Science University offers many services such as photocopying, cloning and circulation service, there are many seats for studying in the main library, and it opens 80 Hours a week from SAT to FRI.
Dr. Ammar Jalamneh
Director of Library and Information Services, Assistant Professor at College of Art and Science