Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Procurement and Logistics Services Department
- Ensure that all purchase and logistics activities are compliant with the University’s policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a comprehensive purchasing system, which ensures that purchases and tenders are economical, within user’s budget, meet user requirements and are In line with the University’s standards.
- Ensuring that all purchases are supported by the necessary documentation (i.e.Requisitions, orders, invoices, etc.) And that they are approved in line with the Delegation of Authority Limits (DAL).
- Ensure there is no conflict of interest in the procurement process and overseeing the process to ensure the prevention of manipulation and removal of waste.
- Maintaining a robust vendor management framework.
- Issuing all Local Purchase Orders (LPO), requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Requests for Proposal (RPF) to the supplier.
- Verifying supplier invoices to ensure that the product or service supplied meet the user’s Request and are as per the approved purchase condition.
- Coordinating with the Finance Department to process supplier invoices for completed purchases.
- Accepting the complaints related to logistics services and take the necessary actions.
- Taking daily rounds in the university facilities to check on logistics and security situation and ensuring necessary precautions are taken until the situation is resolved.
- Supervising all maintenance contractors at the university and report to management on their efficiency.
- Maintaining all documentation in relation to purchases and logistic services, in line with the University’s record keeping policy.
Mr. Mohammad Nassar
Acting Head of Procurement & Logistic services Department