Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Human Resources Department
- Carry out strategic planning for the needs of teaching and administrative staff in line with the recruitment policies, procedures, and selection criteria; maintain statistics of the current workforce within the university through coordination with the authorities concerned.
- Advertise for job vacancies available at the university, internally and externally, following up on the process of receiving applications, selecting the most-qualified applicants, communicating with the authorities concerned, and concluding the recruitment procedures and contracting with the new staff.
- Full supervision of the record keeping and documentation of information related to the university staff, and overseeing all procedures/matters related to promotions, training courses, salaries, privileges, deductions, performance evaluations, attendance and the end of service for all members of staff.
- Analyse, update job titles and job descriptions in coordination with the line managers’ and the university’s organisational structure and international standards.
- Analyse and identify training needs, preparing the required training plans, and provide the university staff with the required training courses required to increase and improve employees’ productivity, skills and capacities.
- Maintaining loyalty and the sense of belonging among employees, providing a suitable work environment, and achieving harmonization to improve the employees’ performance and productivity levels.
- Follow up on the contracts renewal procedures for the university employees’; that is, after making sure that they have met all of the appropriate requirements and conditions, as per the regulations and rules applied at the university.
- Recording, documenting electronically all leave for employees, taking into account all of the required procedures in this regard, such as scheduling and archiving employees’ leave, and following up on employees’ attendance.
- Taking part in the process of preparing rules, policies, regulations, instructions and the strategic plan, and supervising the implementation of the policies, regulations and decisions issued by higher management.
- Organizing and creating the university employees’ records and files; making sure that they have provided all of the required data; keeping and archiving their documents, decisions related to them; and creating a database for all of the university employees.
Mr. Yasser Abuseneh
Head of Human Resources Department