The Department of Computer Science was established in 2005. This Department offers well-structured academic programmes that are designed to yield graduates who are able to contribute to the development of the IT sector in the Kingdom of Bahrain and in the GCC as well. Our graduates will undoubtedly acquire basic knowledge and understanding, familiarize themselves with the concepts, principles, and theories related to computing and computer application.
The Department of Computer Science is committed to provide career education to students from diverse backgrounds, interests, and abilities. In addition, the Department aims to build a learning partnership with students through creating a challenging and effective educational environment. The academic programme offered at the Department is responsive to career interests, objectives of the students and the Bahrain market needs.
BSc. in Computer Science graduates will:
- knowledge and understanding: produce graduates who have an up to date knowledge and understanding if Information and Communication Technology (ICT) which is relevant to the needs if industry.
- Application: to ensure graduates have practical experience in the analysis and design of application and their associated tools and technologies which are used in the development of computer-based systems individually and in a team.
- Lifelong learning: to prepare graduates understand the need to continually update their skills and knowledge, and rapidly developing subject area using research in order to meet their full potential throughout their career.
- Innovation: to develop graduates who are reflective learners and understand the importance of research and critical thinking of identify and pursue an evidence based approach to develop and improve current systems or methods of working both independently and as part of a team, and to be able to communicate this clearly and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Social context: to foster graduates’ personal development in GCC society and contribute positively in a socially responsible and ethical manners and in particular understand the ethical dimension which impact on the development and use of computer based systems.
BSc. Computer Science (English)