The Deanship of Admissions and Registration is entrusted with key tasks and duties. The main tasks of the deanship can be summarised as follows:
- To welcome prospective students, help them to fill out the application form for joining the university, and to screen applications for admissions purposes.
- To announce the names of admitted students to the university’s colleges and to maintain records of certified documents and credentials of students.
- To administer and announce the weekly lecturing schedule prior to the commencement of each academic semester.
- To prepare and announce the final examination schedule to the students and Colleges.
- To administer the registration process of the university students at the beginning of each semester and the process of add and drop-of the courses within the designated dates.
- To compute and compile critical statistical data.
- To designate the student grades and to calculate their final grade averages.
- To review the academic study plans of the students.
- To provide sponsors with the performance reports of their sponsored students.
- To issue transcripts and various other documents as requested by students.
- To make all necessary preparations for the annual graduation ceremony and participate in it.
- To supply the IT Department with the data required for the admissions, registration, examinations and study plans to be made publicly available for students through the Website.
- To initiate and streamline the academic process required to the awarding of the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at the university.