The Department of Computer Science was established in 2005. This Department offers well-structured academic programmes that are designed to yield graduates who are able to contribute to the development of the IT sector in the Kingdom of Bahrain and in the GCC as well. Our graduates will undoubtedly acquire basic knowledge and understanding, familiarize themselves with the concepts, principles, and theories related to computing and computer application.
The Department of Computer Science is committed to provide career education to students from diverse backgrounds, interests, and abilities. In addition, the Department aims to build a learning partnership with students through creating a challenging and effective educational environment. The academic programme offered at the Department is responsive to career interests, objectives of the students and the Bahrain market needs.
BSc. in Computer Science graduates will:
1. Link computer science theories to practice.
2. Pursue a market need in computing and IT fields.
3. Demonstrate the knowledge in the discipline of computer science.
4. Analyze software problems and design, develop the solutions to those problems.
5. Develop and improve current systems or methods of working both independently and as part of a team, be able to communicate this clearly and effectively to diverse audiences.
6. Contribute positively in a socially responsible and ethical manners and in particular understand the ethical dimensions which impact on the development and use of computer based systems.
BSc. Computer Science (English)